Friday, December 18, 2009

[置頂] Ignorance is Bliss

For the past four and half years, I have been immersed in news everyday.

This pattern of life greatly benefited me. It made me a much more knowledgeable person. It substantially sharpened my English skills. It earned me friendship and admiration.

For all the benefits, the cost is usually known only to myself: it swallowed up an immeasurable amount of time, often left me in a inner state of (subconscious) anxiety to keep abreast of going-ons in the world, worrying about things that should have little effect on my life per se -- or in a simpler diagnosis, information addiction.

Then suddenly, I realized that I have known much more than I need for a happy life, at 25.

Time is ripe for a change. Take some time off, and enjoy the peace of mind, while you can.

No comments: