Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Q&A: When the "Add" button in Mac Word is grayed out

Q:
I've finally gotten sick of seeing Word underline my last name on every paper I write in red, so I decided to add it instead of clicking Ignore all along during spell check. But, the Add button, and Add option on the right click menu, is disabled. Anyone know why? Thanks

A:
Word -> Preferences -> Spelling and Grammar -> Dictionaries button -> Create a new dictionary.

P.S. Especially for a law student, it feels so good to be able to "add" again--we write so many odd and uncommon words on a daily basis.



Bonnie Qin at 2:08pm November 19
Good to know.

Lawrence Zhan Zhang at 6:44pm November 19
you don't even use Mac...

Jinjing Jiang at 11:32pm November 19
I do not even use word....Why not take a shot on Papers or freealternatives, such as NeoOffice?

Lawrence Zhan Zhang at 11:34pm November 19
because the legal profession is very, very conservative

No comments: